In 1956 a group of potters formed a Pottery Club; meeting in each others homes to learn and share their passion for clay. Several years later in 1963, with the help of a provincial loan, the group invested in equipment and space in the Civic Centre to form the Oldman River Potters Guild. Two short years later, with a group of 43 members, the ORPG moved to the Bowman Art Centre. After 48 years there, they moved and operated out of a studio at 326C 10th Street North for 6 years. With more interested from the community and space getting tight the guild recently moved studios to 2, 4416 - 1 Avenue South. The larger space allows them to share their knowledge and passion with a wider audience.