Mon, Mar 06|
Beginner Wheel Class
Start your clay journey @ the Oldman river potters guild
Time & Location
Mar 06, 6:00 PM – Apr 17, 6:00 PM
Lethbridge, 4416 1 Ave S Unit 2, Lethbridge, AB T1J 4B3, Canada
About the event
This is a beginner-level wheel class with six sessions over 7 weeks.
Class dates are March 6,13,20,27 April 3, 17 from 6-9 pm. (NO Class April 10th off for Drying time)
For the beginner, this 6-week class series is designed to instill confidence in learning how to make your own dishes on the pottery wheel. Demonstrations include: centering, raising walls, throwing small bowls, mugs, carving and be creative with handles. All while being in a fun enviroment and taking all the steps for being safe in a studio setting.
· Develop the ability to center.
· Develop the ability to throw pots / mugs / small bowls on the wheel.
· Develop the ability to select and use appropriate pottery tools.
· Learn how to trim your wares.
· Develop the ability to assess one’s work.
· Basic glazing techniques. In house glazes.
· Learn about current potters and pottery trends.
You will be provided with all the tools and materials necessary to finish your wares.
The class is limited to 10 people. Please indicate whether you are left or right-handed when registering as left-handed wheels are limited. Because this is a working studio, missed sessions will not be possible to make up.
Your amazing teachers are Caylee Rothe & Amy Gamble
WE can't wait to start your clay journey with you!
Beginner Wheel ClassCA$220.00Sold Out
This event is sold out